The Orlando Jazz Festival is on of the largest Central Florida premiere Jazz events in our community, thanks in large part to the spirit, dedication and hard work of the volunteers who help make the Festival happen. Working to set up and operate our outdoor event spaces, volunteers help create a safe and enjoyable 2-day exhilarating celebration of top smooth jazz.
APPLYING TO VOLUNTEER
If you are interested in being a part of our volunteer team, please contact the below contact form and a member of our team will contact you. Please know, we can also accommodate groups who want to volunteer together!
What you will need to consider: There will be lots of standing and/or walking. We will not be able to provide compensation for parking.
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS TO VOLUNTEER
- You must be available to work at least one 4 to 5 hour shift during the festival weekend. There are 4 shifts available each day.
- Minimum age to volunteer is 18 years of age or older.
- All volunteers are required to wear their Orlando Jazz Festival t-shirts. It is very important that volunteers wear the t-shirt so they can be easily recognized and addressed by patrons and staff members.
- Treat patrons, staff and other volunteers courteously at all times.
- Safety is a top priority at the Orlando Jazz Festival. Volunteers are responsible for their safety, the safety of their fellow volunteers and attendees. All injuries or accidents must be reported directly to your team lead or staff. The team lead must then report the injuries to an organizer of the Orlando Jazz Festival.
- Being under the influence of a controlled substance, including alcohol, during volunteer duty or the unlawful manufacture, use, possession, distribution, or sale of a controlled substance in any quantity while on the premises of the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts during volunteer duty is strictly prohibited.
BENEFITS FOR VOLUNTEERING:
- Free t-shirt to wear during your shifts
- Free event ticket minimum of 4 hours of volunteer work. Ticket options are:
- Friday, September 21, 2018
- Saturday, September 22, 2018
- An opportunity to work within a vibrant, community-oriented arts organization, and learn a few new skills!
- …and a BIG THANKS for volunteering!!!
We encourage all volunteers to attend our brief orientation, which will be announced at a later date. The orientation will allow you to meet and greet other fellow volunteers, meet your chairperson and receive a briefing/duties and schedules (light snacks supplied).
PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
Orlando Jazz Festival Volunteer Program